Bishop Vesey established the Sutton Coldfield Royal Charter
31. July 2028
In 1528, King Henry VIII gave Bishop Vesey the Earl of Warwick's forfeited property and rights at Sutton. Vesey eventually retired to Sutton (where he died in 1555). He oversaw the creation of the famous Royal Charter, whereby the town was to be run by Corporation consisting of a Warden and Society. The Corporation's rights and responsibilities included the use and maintenance of the common lands, including the park. The nature of their stewardship varied over the years that followed.
Venue and address
Sutton Park, Park Road, B74 2YT Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom